We all enjoy our vacations in different ways. Some go for the more cultural side, visiting museums and temples. Others prefer the pleasure of connecting with other people in fairs or events. While some just want to be in contact with nature, either to disconnect and relax with the views or to release adrenaline practicing some outdoor sport. And this is where the city of vic, since it has a little of everything for each person. Romanesque structures, nature trails, a multitude of fairs and, of course, a famous local gastronomy. Is he perfect place for some vacation, or for that escape how much you deserve
Of course, you'll need somewhere to rest and plan what's to come the next day. Luckily, he Hotel Can Pamplona it is perfect for this job. Thanks to its unique and elegant style, and its offer of breakfast + accommodation, you will feel at home.
In today's blog, we will discover what we can do in Vic to enjoy our holidays to the fullest.
What to do in Vic: Cultural Tourism
Vic is full of various museums, buildings and structures of the Romanesque that will allow us to know the past and the history of both our country and this beautiful city. Some of the most outstanding, both for tourists and locals, are:
- The Episcopal Museum: It contains one of the most important collections of medieval art in all of Europe. It consists of a total of 29,000 pieces, of which its paintings and sculptures stand out, both Gothic and Romanesque.
- Main square: Also known as Mercadal. It has been used as a market place since the Middle Ages until today. In addition, multiple fairs and festivals.
- the roman temple: Date of 1st century, but it was not discovered until 1882, since the montcada castle. The walls of the current temple formed its inner courtyard.
- Vic's Cathedral: Originally from the 11th century. He still keeps his Bell tower, which is the highest in Catalonia of romantic style, although the cloister is closer to Gothic.
And these are just some of them. In this extensive list of ancient wonders we would also have to add the town hall, the old 14th century wall, the medieval Queralt bridge, the tanneries, etc.
Outdoor activities in Vic
fans of sport Yet the nature You are in luck, since Vic has several routes, trails and outdoor activities that you can do to enjoy its most natural surroundings and discover its greenest corners.
We can explore this wonderful environment of multiple ways, either on foot, by mountain bike (MTB), by quads, on horseback, etc. But not everything is going by land. You can also enjoy water activities such as canoeing or, if you prefer heights, take an excellent balloon flight over the region.
Fairs and Markets in Vic
Throughout the year, Vic comes alive thanks to all the markets and fairs, which attract the attention of both tourists and locals. The vast majority of these usually take place in the Main Square, where every Tuesday and Saturday the traditional weekly market takes place.
As for fairs and shows, some examples of the most popular can be:
- The Ram Market: perfect for him gastronomic tourism thanks to all your artisan products.
- The Live Music Market: where you can enjoy all kinds of music and concerts.
Medieval Market: where we will find a wide and varied offer of food, street shows and all kinds of music, dances, trade recreations and children's activities.
Salchichón de Vic, product with IGP
One of the things that make Vic famous are its sausages, especially the Vic's sausage, also called in Catalan vic's longanissa. Such is the fame that he came to have more than 30 sausage factories in the interiors of the city. In fact, the Vic sausage has the Protected Geographical Indication (PGI).
We will be able to enjoy both it and the varied local gastronomy in the markets of the Main Square, or in the stores that we will find throughout the municipality.
Without a doubt, Vic has everything a good vacation could ask for. History, activities in contact with nature, good gastronomy and a multitude of markets and fairs to have a great time. You just have to choose the room that you like the most about the Hotel Can Pamplona and enjoy everything that Vic has to offer!